Wind Power and Safety
This educational program reveals key issues of alternative energy impact (wind farms) on environmental safety.
This unique course combines a set of lectures, seminars and practical classes, field trips. Students gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills and assess the possible negative impact on the environment of wind power systems.
The course will include: thematic lectures, practical exercises in the field of environmental impact assessment. Students will learn some methods for assessing the physical parameters of wind power complexes and methods of biological monitoring and control.
- Prospects for the use of alternative energy, wind power.
- Issues of secure interaction between the wind power systems and complexes and the environment;
- Negative factors of the wind power systems and complexes;
- Environmental monitoring and ecological control;
- Bioindication as a method of biological control;
Practical classes include:
- Learning the physical parameters, like noise, radiation, electromagnetic waves and so on.
- Learning the unique nature of the Ulyanovsk region, assess the ecological state of the natural environment using modern methods.
Program tutor: Oksana Falova, Biol.Ph.D., head of the Department "Industrial ecology and technosphere safety " of UlSTU.
August 14-26, 2022
Students of natural science and engineering majors, such as biology, biophysics, ecology, technosphere safety, power engineering, mechanical engineering and other related fields of science
850 Euro, including: tuition, language classes, accommodation, lunch/day, cultural program (including welcome and farewell dinners), migration support, transfer within the city.
May 29, 2022
- Application form (download from the homepage);
- Copy of international passport;
Discounts for partner universities’ students.